Saturday, January 28, 2012

3 Ways to Change Your Life: Do What You Love!





We all spend an inordinate amount of time dreaming about having the life we've always wanted. I decided a short while ago to  embrace changes that happening in my life and use the momentum to move toward the life I always wanted.

I've found 3 simple things YOU can do to begin your journey toward the life you want.

1.  Identify your Bliss. By that I mean, what is it that makes you truly happy. What makes your heart sing? When you were a little child what did you want to be when you grew up?  Art makes my heart sing and speaks to my soul. 

2. Begin to follow that bliss a little every day. Not many people have the luxury to stop their current job or life and just switch gears but EVERYONE can do one small thing every day to move towards that goal.  For me it was literally as simple as picking up a pencil, finding a scrap of clean paper and beginning to draw again.

3.  Many small changes over time lead to a BIG CHANGE! Follow your heart, feed your soul, do that one little thing everyday that makes you happy and then build on it. Changing your life doesn't have to be expensive; go to the library to check out books on your dream job or life change. Tiny changes over time will help you to know what you truly want and will motivate you to continue to transform the life you have now into the life you are truly mean to lead. 

I am firmly convinced that our time on this earth is too short to spend even a minute without a dream.  We may never fully get that dream life or dream job but we can do something every day for ourselves to do what we love! 

You can find the original art shown above at: Hot Pink Pansy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle, thanks for the link back to my website. I love your art - you're amazing! Can't wait to see all that you create. Thanks again, Andi at Hotpinkpansy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always a bit "awed" when I get compliments from artists! Your blog is beautiful and your work stunning! Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete