Friday, January 27, 2012

Giddiness

I saw an old friend yesterday, who really knows how to get my brain to think, think, think!  I was telling her how I do not ever want to go back to the type of work I used to do (Social Work), that I loved the individuals that I worked with but was SO very averse to the business side of it. I always had filing, charting, deadlines like you wouldn't believe, new policies to implement, Pilot Project This and That  and a TO DO list that usually was 40-50 items long. The perks of the field were migraines, insomnia, stress weight gain, anxiety, depression, burnout. It wasn't just one company that was bad, it was the nature of the Social Work beast itself. I am not an office worker bee. I'm a honey bee that needs to be out flitting here and there, buzzing, humming with my little bee hands into this and that. I work so well with people but not so well with paperwork (as in filing). I spent 20+ years trying to mold myself into someone I'm not. Sad.

From Google Images-Artist G. Kerr


I had an exciting thought last night as I was wrapping up the day with  my husband. Could I combine my art and working with special needs friends, children, the elderly? Classes, somewhat like Art Therapy but can't call it therapy as I am not a credentialed therapist. But something along the lines of that??? Then I let my brain just flow and imagined: Art Parties for kids, Art Classes for Adults and Children with Special Needs, Art "Therapy" at a Senior Center. I would be a travelling artist bringing projects and parties to groups of people.    Woot! I am so excited!!  I would Love Love Love to be able to really blend the two things that I really enjoy. Happy Happy Me!! My heart is singing today. Tra la la!!

No comments:

Post a Comment