Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pretty, put together, purposeful, paste, PERFECT!!

...to complicate things when it is really quite simple; find what it is that makes you happy and who that it is that makes you happy, then you're set. Promise!  Text:Google Images.



One of my first loves was a pot of paste. The super tasty minty paste, made by Elmer's that had an orange top with an orange dipper to dig the tasty paste out. I also loved my scissors! My mom let me borrow the house scissors (not the really good ones!) but the ones kept in the kitchen that were really sharp! I was in heaven if I had a rainy afternoon, a stack of paper, pages from magazines, my scissors and my paste. If I got hungry I could just have a fingertip or two of the sticky minty goodness!!  My sister who is a little older and always LOT wiser scared me with tales of gluing my insides together after catching me putting a large dollop in my mouth! I was relieved to find out a few days later that I could still eat paste and digest food just fine!

I thought it would be fun to find a picture of a pretty room and then add objects that were the same size, scale and proportion. I am not sure but I think the desk, chair and window are all that were original. The rest was added.  (The picture is from Pretty Simple Magazine to always honor the copyright images-the additions were from advertisements or scrap-booking paper).  The little girl looks just like a friends daughter which made it all the more fun!

The art of collages is great in so so many ways: easy, fun, creative, whimsical, with minimal learning curve and uses cheap or re-purposed supplies. Collages can be very therapeutic depending on the emotions of the person at that time.  The medium also allows a person to create something beautiful or to communicate a thought or feeling that they might not otherwise be able to do so due to disability, language barriers, an emotional  block, communication issues or perceived lack of artistic ability. I am a fan of mixed media and   enjoy the process very much.

The collage is entitled "Kyra".

No comments:

Post a Comment